Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hold my hand, hold my heart

Song of the week- 1/17- 1/23
Hold my hand, hold my heart by the The Chantrellines.
I love the movie That thing you do. It's one of those movies for me where everytime I see it on, I have to stop and check what part it's on. I really like the title track but everyone knows that song. It is extremely catchy but so is this song: hold my hand, hold my heart. I would imagine the chantrellines are a made up group like everyone else in the movie (the wonders), but they sound real. I am a big fan of early 60's girl bands like the ronettes and the crystals. I like that phil spector sound alot and this song has it. Not as layered maybe as a phil spector song but the drums and strings sound pretty close. I don't know actually, as I am listening to it, it could say a phil spector song and I would believe it. Here is the youtube clip of it. Let me warn you now though, for some reason they used to have a clip of the song with just the movie picture on it but now that is taken down so all they have is the song with grey's anatomy playing. I am not a grey's anatomy fan so I don't actually watch the video but it is the only way to hear it for me since I don't download songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22crNOqVoww
I assume it works. If it doesnt just type in hold my hand, hold my heart and it's the first clip that comes up. It say's song from that thing you do soundtrack. The lyrics aren't much but who cares with a song like this, it's supposed to be catchy not deep. Listen to the song, especially if you like the early sixties girl group stuff. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment