Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sure plans

I just read this and I love it because it is the truth. Good luck with your relationships when both people aren't pointing in the right direction:

"Each of us is tempted to make relationships the end rather than the means."

"When we reflect on Genesis 1-3, it becomes clear that the primary relationship Adam and Eve were intended to enjoy was their relationship with God. This vertical communion with God would provide the foundation for the horizontal community they were to have with each other. Everything God made pointed Adam and Eve to the primacy of their relationship with him. All of creation was to function as an arrow pointing to God. But in our sin we tend to treat people and creation as more important. The very things God created to reveal his glory become instead the glory we desire. We settle for the satisfaction of human relationships when they were meant to point us to the perfect relational satisfaction found only with God. The irony is that when we reverse the order like this and elevate creation above Creator, we destroy the relationships God intended – and would have enabled – us to enjoy."

And this one is for me not in love relationships well because, haha yeah but in relationships in general and probably a lot of you out there:

"What happens in the messiness of relationships is that our hearts are revealed, our weaknesses are exposed, and we start coming to the end of ourselves. Only when this happens do we reach out for the help God alone can provide."

Now I am finally reaching, and I pray he allows me not only to work on the weaknesses without arrogance and pride, and make each relationship I have in my life work, but also that he opens up the heart of the people of whom I have messed up that relationship in the past, so that I may show them the love and glory and patience I am slowly starting to understand, that I made wrong choices but it has helped me become a better person, but if they won't open their heart again to me, then I can't dwell on it but just continue to pray for their happiness and good luck on their own journey and that maybe one day when they are so over-joyed with the love of God they finally will open their hearts back up if even for a moment. Maybe I am just a dreamer.

Thanks though to who ever is reading this that you at least care enough to hear my words because this is my heart in a letter that I am pouring out. I am in a vulnerable place but I think that is where God wants me to be, because in this place I have finally said to him "I can't do it by myself, my way, I mess everything up on my own and I am only lucky enough to be in this place right now because of your blessing. Where really I have no big worries in my life. Nothing in my life is going how I want it, but I am still happy for some reason. I don't get depressed or sad or lonely and I know that is because of you lord. But even with that, I still don't feel complete and I need you now to show me your way for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment