Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ray Lamontagne

Why more people don't talk about ray Lamontagne I don't know. Probably because he can't put together a complete album and really doesn't have any big hits. So then why am I speaking about him. Because he does have a few really good songs worth listening to. I think his biggest song would be trouble. It's the one that plays in the travelers insurance commercial where the dog can't seem to hide his bone in the right spot. Sweet commercial. Well I would say that is his biggest song. But off that album he has two really good songs. One you may have heard of its called hold you in my arms. It is a song that played in the she's the man movie with amanda bynes. After the soccer game the two are heartbroken. It's actually an alright movie don't hate. Either way the song is good. I don't know what is with the strawberries in the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=406Se3xPTqQ
I like the passion, of course. The lyric starting the second verse is sweet "When you kissed my lips, with my mouth so full of questions. A worried mind that you quiet." Man that is a good line.

The second song is also from the trouble album. Its called hannah. The beginning is better then the end but it's still a good song. Same thing with this video it's like a city shot from the sky. O.K
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKTRUpa0zU4
Good chords on this one. Best lyric: it's in the first verse: "I never knew a man could fall so far until I landed here." I still don't know but I guess I have landed there yet. Either way it's a good lyric.
So check the dude out.

No comments:

Post a Comment