Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Overrated and Underrated

I like looking at cosmo magazine (gay I know, lets get past that please) but they had an article on what guys find overrated and underrated, I guess in what they would rather in relationships. Now I am probably the least qualified person to comment on this article, but of course that doesn't stop me from doing it.
Here is what the article said that guys think is overrated and underrated: I put each in there column as they are related to the one across from it.
Overrated Underrated
Love Letters Romantic Text
Picnics Cookouts
The smell of your perfume The smell of your hair
Humoring him by watching the game Doing your own thing while he watches the game
Ball Room dancing lessons Surfing Lessons
Valentine's Day Roses Flowers on a random day
Discussing your future house Discussing your future vacation
Double dates Going to parties together

There is the list.
Love letters are way sweeter then text because first off who writes a love letter now, so that shows me they actually spent time writing it, a text is done in seconds big whoop. And second off a good love letter has to have some substance. A good text is at most 160 characters, every one can get lucky and write a good text every now and then. Texting is way overrated, not to say I don't do it but I would rather revolutionary times where we had to send the letters out pony express style . Then when she got the letter I am like oh I don't feel that way anymore that was a month ago when I sent that, I have moved on sorry to tell you but this mailing system takes way to long. Still better then text though.

Cookouts are overrated cause there are too many people there. At least at a picnic its just me and her, I don't feel the need to have to small talk. Well yeah I do but at least there is probably some swings or something to keep up occupied. There is never a swing at a BBQ. Just guys who think they know a lot about sports and then you have to sit there and nod to all there dumb remarks because they watch the redskins games. They know there are 31 other teams in the league to learn about right?

I really don't care about the smell of her hair or perfume as long as its not gross. But I am a new man and I don't really think any guy cares, they just are better at acting like they do, so maybe I should act like I care, like all the douche bag guys do. That seems to be the way to go. How does this sound? "Ohhh I love the way your hair smells, is that peaches and cream." "No? Oh, its suave naturals juicy green apple shampoo haha, I was way off. but I love it either way." Do you see what I did there? I not only gave her a compliment by saying I loved her hair, but I also allowed her to teach me something by playing dumb- like I cant tell the difference between peaches and apples. Because I can. Boom, now I am in right? Right! Douche bag 101- compliment, play dumb, act like you care what she has to say even when I am sure you don't-you will get the girl. Or so I have seen it done many times by real losers. Its amazing, and it happens everyday.

I think I would rather the ball room dancing over the surfing, only because how often are you going to go surfing. And do you really want your girl showing you up on the surfboard. I mean the idea is fine but I would be pretty competitive if she was working the board and I can barely stand. But I don't know how much ball room dancing I would want to do either and if she took lessons that would mean she would want to go ball room dancing so no, each of those choices is overrated.

I hate the valentines rose because its like "here you go, I am putting in minimal effort once a year to make sure you at least don't yell at me." Its fine to get the rose I guess but not if that is the only time you get it during the year. It just seems so uncreative to me but again I guess if you have a girl you got to be doing something right. I can be coming up with all sorts of plans in my head but the numb nut giving the valentines rose is still winning out in the end. Its up to the girl to demand more from the guy but please that is not happening either we all know that. She is just happy the guy at least brought her something. Even if it is a rose. And some baby's breath?

I agree with the vacation being underrated the house being overrated. I would rather talk about the vacation. The house seems too serious, the vacation seems like no commitment, "yeah that is cool we can go to the beach for vacation but I will most likely dump you after that because your insist on discussing floor plans for our future home and I don't like the dining room on the same side as the living room so were through after this and don't bring your surfboard this time you know how I felt about you showing me up last year.

Double dates is better then the parties because again- less people you have to talk to as long as you really like the other people. A lot of times it seems like its the two girls that are friends and then you just hope your cool with the other guy. I would think most of the time the guys would just roll with it but there is always a chance but I still think I would take my chances with that rather then a whole party of people, cause you know there is bound to be at least a few people who are annoying at the party.

So in my opinion cosmo missed on almost everyone of the overrated underrated quiz. I doubt they even asked the guys they probably wrote down what they wanted to see happen and then said yeah we asked 250 guys and this is what they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment