Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Those we don't speak of

I am a huge fan of scores for films. I don't really know anyone else who gets into them but I really like them. My favorite score is probably the village- the M. Night Shyamalan movie that people were hating on awhile back. I actually liked the movie as well but I was blown away by the score. I actually bought a Hilary Hahn cd- the young violinist, after this movie and my search for music also changed with it. I love strings and I don't know if this violin solo has been topped for me. First I am going to give you just the youtube of the score. Listen to it without the scene first and see what kind of feel you get from it. You will notice the music more during the movie I think. Listen for when the song suddenly changes from intense and on the edge of your seat to a beautiful uplifting solo. You will hear it, it's sick. You will hear just how much it really goes with the movie in clip 2. And how much the music makes a difference without you probably even registering it.





Sweet right? Yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment