Thursday, February 18, 2010

The drama!

You know what!

That's where it should be all along.

Turning to inspiration:
I did find a song that always gets me going, it is the song from the trailer of where the wild things are: This is the live version, its Wake Up by arcade fire. I love the neon in their concert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6M4PWKvq4

It is actually kind of sad but I still like it. The chorus is really sweeping and the first riff is raw and catchy. It is like the verse is you breaking down and the chorus is lifting. Sweet.
Here are some lyrics:

Somethin’ filled up
my heart with nothin’,
someone told me not to cry.

But now that I’m older,
my heart’s colder,
and I can see that it’s a lie.

Children wake up,
hold your mistake up,
before they turn the summer into dust.

If the children don’t grow up,
our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
We’re just a million little god’s causin rain storms turnin’ every good thing to rust.
I guess we’ll just have to adjust.

There you have it. May it inspire you. No? Not surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment