Saturday, February 13, 2010

Opening Ceremonies

Here are my thoughts of the opening ceremonies for the winter Olympics.

1. The biggest moment of the night is lighting the cauldron. How the F do you mess that part up?If you were to decide which part you least want to mess up, that would be on the top of the list. There is no excuse for that fourth column to not come up, you have been working on this for at least two years now Vancouver, and you F'ed it up.

2. When looking at the team's coming through, I was surprised Israel had a person with blond hair on their team and also the stereotype of Swedish girls being hot is true as far as I saw tonight.

3. It seemed like all of the artist were lip syncing- if you have to lip sync, do a better job of it please. Try to fool me like you are really singing.

4. Those Indians freakin killed it. They danced for like an hour straight.

5. I thought for sure Sarah Mclachlan would have some really sad and upsetting dogs and cats sitting by her side while she was playing her song. Does anyone ever get through a whole commercial of hers anyway? I never can, I always turn it.

6. The poet they had looked ridiculous. I mean this is probably the biggest night of his life and he looked like a mess. Not many guys can pull off a neck beard and no other facial hair and he is one that can't. He should have shaved, why would you ever think yep this neck beard looks really good to rock in front of millions and millions. It made him look fat, or was that just because he was fat, I don't know but it didn't help.

7. I liked all of the stuff they did for the luge guy that died. The moment of silence was touching and when seeing the Georgia team walk out and the crowd giving them a standing ovation, that was really nice. I liked that.

8. My sister and I were hoping that Alex Trebek would be the guy who carries the final torch. That would have been classic. "And now to carry the last torch- the host of jeopardy Alex Trebek." That would have been sweet.

9. Gretzky looked all kinds of nervous the whole time they showed him. Maybe he knew something was up and it would not go off smooth because he never looked comfortable. Maybe he is afraid of fire and in that case Trebek would have filled in nicely. I doubt Trebek would have looked nervous. Plus Gretzky and the others looked goofy doing that little fake jog/walk that people do like when they cross the street when they are trying to look as if they are hurrying for the driver when really they could walk just as fast. Well all of the people carrying the torch did that run except for Nash and the wheelchair guy who looked like he was even struggling at first but then must have gotten some momentum cause he started killing it.

10. If I would not have known it was K.D. Lang doing the hallelujah song I would for sure have thought that was a guy. Why would she go for that look, it is not a good look at all and if you insist on that look then get a better fitting suit. She definitely has the money for a tailor, that thing looked like her brother's suit. Again with not being prepared like she just heard the day before that the Olympics were coming up. "Hey Mike Lang, can I borrow your suit because I don't have anything to lip sync to?" I don't know if that is her brothers name but it's not like she would use his last name anyway. That hallelujah song is getting too much play now also. They sung that at the Haiti tribute thing. It's a good song but it's getting overused now.

11. I didn't like the sweater the U.S.A. team was wearing. The cream turtleneck was not sweet. The hat wasn't that bad though.

12. So all in all it seemed like a pretty good night for Vancouver, except for the biggest part of the night the lighting ceremony. It still blows me away that that part would ever get messed up. That and that I didn't see Alex Trebek, who was born in Ontario. Maybe because he is now a citizen of the US, that is why they didn't have him. Still he should have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment