Friday, February 26, 2010

Truck stop?

So of course I am driving home the other day, and what do I see but this numb nut in the pic standing on the side of the road with his freaking truck stuck in the tree. I wanted to get home to see the Olympics- and this guy obviously wasn't going anywhere and curling was on during the middle of the day and I am loving on some curling right now. He was waving his arms as I approached, all crazy trying to get me to stop. I just kept on going, but as I drive by I yell no time sorry buddy really I am truly sorry. I doubt he heard any of it because my windows were up. But then I felt bad and turned around.

So when I roll back around he starts saying something and I am like shut it right now dude, my first question for you is: (What do you think it is, yep) Why the F is your shirt open with nothing underneath and why did you just cut the sleeves off of a plaid long sleeve shirt? Do you know how cold it is out here? Of course he starts yapping again but I really didn't want an answer so I am not paying attention. I did hear him say something about his arms being to muscular for the shirt, and it really is not that cold unless the wind blows. Whatever.

So I get out and I am like so what is the plan. Trying to give him a little respect before I shot down his idea. So he is like well if you could just drive me over to the gas station right down the street I could call the fire department and also have someone meet me there to pick me up. I play along with that idea for a min but really I am not going for that at all. So we argue in the middle of the road, I push him, he doesn't push back(figured that- yeah he is all show with his muscles.)

I say to him this is what we are going to do. How good are you at climbing trees because I am like a cat? He looks at me like I am an idiot- I say look you’re the idiot that got stuck in the tree. How the F did you even get stuck up there? Again not really wanting an answer, but I did hear something about black ice. So I say well this is your lucky day because I always carry a two person crosscut saw that is 6 feet long in my car, you think you can handle that. He says yeah so I rip my shirt off of course and say let's get to work. And let me tell you, it was cold even when the wind didn't blow, he must have like under armour skin, but I could not let him see that I was freezing. Plus I knew once I got sawing I would be fine.

So finally we get up there and just start sawing away, just like in the cartoons. I was much better with the saw than him, but slowly we worked this numb nut's car down to the ground without it falling. He did not believe that we could do it but we made it happen. You should have seen the look on his face. He really wanted to hug me but I told him a simple chest bump would do. You could tell that was awkward for him and that made it that much sweeter. I was like what time is it-he said 4:45, I was like thanks a lot man you made me miss curling. He was speechless, I think because I was so helpful and that makes me feel good. Like I am really making my mark in this crazy world. Here is the truck after we got it down. He wanted to be in the shot but I was like get the F out of the shot sleeveless, you already ruined one.


No comments:

Post a Comment